Tuesday, June 7, 2011

non-standard projection backdrop





Earlier on in this project I went into Hoabrt with my kilidoscope and took some photos of Hobarts buildings. Later on as i developed my consept - that Hobart becomes grey due to daily interation and iteration: again is the light at the end of the tunnel - the silver linning on the everyday, i though these old buildings illustrate the fact that Hobart is a tired old city above eye leavel so I have now decided to use the buildings as a backdrop for my non-standard promotional projection. I really wanted to have the projection playing a week leading up to the event and another projection running through out the event. I have always imagened it been projected onto on of the buildings at the main traffic light crossing in Hobart. where people are forced to stop and when they do what better to do to kill the time while the repetative traffic flows infront of them than to be introduced to the new exciting event. At the moment I'm thinking of projecting it onto the centerpoint evterance due mainly to the colour of the building as I had invisioned the projection standing agains a grey backdrop, again working with my consept of the grey city.

No comments:

Post a Comment